Aries Economic Settlement Movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to creating a Stable Economic Environment For the Aries Server where any Player can buy what they need or want without the threat of Resellers! We also have free snacks.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Asian Films

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyleete

Tyleete

Asian Films Empty
PostSubject: Asian Films   Asian Films EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Ok, just in case there's someone here that doesn't know, I'm a bit enamored with many things Asian. My best friend growing up was Japanese, and I just loved her culture and their lifestyle.
I also happen to hate television (unless it's Athena, IRIS, or anything that Yutaka-san is in:P), and prefer movies. So! In high hopes there might be others who enjoy good Eastern movies, wanted to share thoughts, suggestions and all in between here.

I love Asian horror, as it's not all wrapped up pretty like American or European horror. You know, good guys all win in the end, happy ever after sort of thing. AND, it's not blood and guts just for the sake of gore. You know, no storyline. Perfect example is how the American's have stolen countless horror movies from out East and ruined them. Either giving the happy ending (Pulse comes to mind), or totally missing most of the actual story line and reasoning behind the movie (Ju-on or Grudge perfect example there).
Personally, I find the Thai doing a smash up job on horror flicks lately. LOVE Who R U?
Also the recent I Saw the Devil was awesome!
But I even love films that aren't just horror such as Confessions (amazing movie) or Secret Reunion.

Off hand, only one film I really didn't care for that's somewhat recent that I've seen from there, and that would be 7광구 , or Sector 7. If you've seen this, I feel for you. If you haven't, don't waste your time.Razz

I've so many films here to think of, but thought I'd ask if anyone else enjoyed films from there, and if so, which were your favorites. Suggestions and complaints about them are nice, as I'm always looking for new ones to see.Smile
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.WaitingFor22.com
PurpleInsanity ~WongZiXin

PurpleInsanity ~WongZiXin

Asian Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asian Films   Asian Films EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:43 pm

The Medallion ft. Jackie Chan! X'D I had a good laugh. Jackie Chan movies are always up for a good LOL, except the Spy Next Door. I highly suggest the Rush Hour series Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://wongzixin.deviantart.com
xKotone

xKotone

Asian Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asian Films   Asian Films EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:15 am

Dayum--
the movie Ju-On (all series) are good.
I remember more japanese horror that I LOVE to watch with my family, especially aunt.
As for Chinese, I adooooooooooooored Jackie Chan xDDD Anything with him in it = ♥
I remember this Chinese horror, called the Eye I think. I don't remember, but it's nice.

&& I'm with you about English horror, 90% of them are stupid.
I mean, at first they said it was "ghost", then at the end it was just some guy who likes to kill.
It scarred me mentally, because I believe in paranormal. xD
Back to top Go down
Tyleete

Tyleete

Asian Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asian Films   Asian Films EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:54 am

xKotone wrote:

It scarred me mentally, because I believe in paranormal. xD
Same here Kotone. I grew up a military brat. Father in the ARMY, so while I didn't move around too much due to his specialty, I moved more than a kid who's parent wasn't in the military. One of the locations was in Arlington, Va, and my view was the famous Arlington National Cemetery. It's where our military are allowed to be buried with honor. There was a horse drawn carriage/funeral procession at least once a day back then, and living in that apartment was creepy as a kid much of the time. Not lying, but things would move around there a lot for no reason. And now that I'm older, I live between two very old military battlefields. It's great cause there are so many acres and acres of federally protected forest, but again, it's a bit restless. In fact, when we were looking for a new home it took us 9 months to find the right one. We went out one morning and this house had just come up on the market that day. We found out at closing (signing the papers) that the house had started to get sold to another couple, but after they'd spent $3500 in different fees to start buying it, they backed out. The realtor just said something about them being very uncomfortable the last few times they visited the home, and wanted to get out of buying it. Even though they lost that $3500. Oh well! Better for me! I joke around and say that I prefer the dead to the living.Razz And living in this house has turned my husband who used to be a non-believer, into a very much so believer.Razz
Anyhow! The Eye was both an excellent movie (LOVED it!) as well as another sure fire example of Americans taking a Perfectly good movie and screwing it all up!:/ I loved the original. The stupid one with Jessica Alba in it was retarded. Ok, that elevator scene in the Asian one? CREEPY! The one in the English one just didn't have the same feel to it at all. None of it they get right. And again as I pointed out before, they like their happy endings. Like how Alba managed to 'SAVE' everyone in the end of the film. Right. I like the more realistic ones. I mean, it's life! Life just rarely ends all happy ever after. So I don't feel like watching a film like that either.

As for me, I can appreciate Jackie Chan, but I rarely watch him. While I have a sense of humor, it goes more towards a little stranger end. What I find amusing rarely amuses those around me, other than my son. And I consider my self to have to and quick wit, and am very sarcastic; I just don't do humor movies much. So that's why. I do think he's one amazing martial artist though. My sick children used to Kill me. They would watch Chan as little kids, as they thought he was funny, and I would watch Jet Li. We'd go out and whenever they'd see an ad for a new movie for one of them in the stores, EVERY time they'd get the names mixed up.Sad Nice and loud they'd go..."LOOK! Jackie Chan's got a new movie out!" And it'd be something for Jet Li. So embarrassing. They finally figured out one for the other after Several years. So I allowed them out in public again.

Oh yeah! Cheun was a MOST excellent movie as well. Think it translates to Slice. It wasn't just a horror flick, but had one Helluva story behind it as well. If you ever get a chance to see it, check it out.
Ok, must get off here so that I can set all my idiots up to either gather or train for the weekend. FUN!
Back to top Go down
http://www.WaitingFor22.com
Sponsored content

Asian Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asian Films   Asian Films Empty

Back to top Go down

Asian Films
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aries Economic Settlement Movement :: Chat Zone :: Off-topic Chat Zone-
Jump to: